Screenshots are a quick and easy way to capture information on your screen. With one simple command, you can save a snapshot of your screen for future reference. Screenshots are often used by businesses to collect data, provide guidance, and document information.
However, it's important to be aware of the information you’re sharing in a screenshot. That's where blur saves the day! When blurring a screenshot you can protect sensitive information.
In this blog post we will discuss the different types of screenshots, how to take a screenshot and how to blur your screenshot.
How to Take Screenshots 📸
To take a screenshot, use keyboard shortcuts specific to your operating system.
Or you can use a third-party screenshot tool, like Driveway, that will capture and blur sensitive information for you! Here’s how we completed a screenshot recording on mac:
1. First, sign-up for Driveway here
to use our screenshot tool.
2. Next, turn on Driveway’s Chrome Extension to capture your screen.
3. Click Finish and open your Driveway guide with your screenshot.
Now it's time to blur your screenshot! Follow the step-by-step guide below:
How to Blur Screenshots 🎨Want This Guide ➡️ Click Here
1. Select the screenshot you want to blur.
2. Click "Blur sensitive content" in the top right tool bar above your screenshot step.
3. Driveway will search your guide and auto-redact sensitive information OR you can click and drag your mouse to create a box that blurs your screenshot's sensitive information.
4. Review your guide and remove an unwanted blur box by selecting it and clicking "delete" on your keyboard.
5. Lastly, click "Save" to finalize your blurred screenshot.
How to Share Screenshots ➡️
To download your blurred screenshot, click the "Share" button in the top right corner of your guide and download your screenshot via PDF/PNG or copy and export. Here are all the ways to share your screenshot:
We hope you found a better way to blur screenshots with our tool. By blurring screenshots you can capture information on your screen for data collection, guidance, documentation and more!
If you are interested in the full capabilities of Driveway, check out our feature offerings here